EP 062: Thoughts on Navigating Secondary Infertility
Secondary infertility is one of the less talked about fertility issues, but definitely needs acknowledgment, conversations around it, and support too. Secondary infertility is when you find it difficult to get pregnant or stay pregnant when you try for a second or subsequent baby. For some, this is a continuation of the fertility issues they had when they first tried for a baby, and may mean going through the same steps and the same treatment as they did the first time. It can also strike for the first time when you’re trying for a subsequent baby after an easy, natural conception before. And this can be equally puzzling as you think back to the first experience of trying for a baby that was so easy and straightforward, and wonder why it’s not happening this time.
Here’s what is included in this episode:
- Why it can be so difficult to talk about secondary infertility.
- Some steps to take to start acknowledging how you feel and bring in support.
- What is needed by everyone on a fertility journey, regardless of whether they have a child yet or not.
- My own experience and understanding of my secondary infertility.
- The key questions I ask to see if there is a block to having another baby.
If the topics talked about in the podcast sound like I was speaking directly to you and your thoughts, then I would love to invite you into the Fertile Mindset Sanctuary. This is my fertility support membership, where you can free yourself from stress, worry and any emotions that don't feel helpful, so you can then create a naturally supportive mindset; your Fertile Mindset.
In the Sanctuary I'll guide you through using the emotional healing technique I use at Fertile Mindset called EFT, and you'll soon be feeling less stressed and more joyful.
Go to www.fertilemindset.com/sanctuary to join the Fertile Mindset Sanctuary.
Your next steps:
Are you enjoying the podcast?
- Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, follow on Spotify or via RSS.
- Write a review on Apple Podcasts.