EP 048: The Emotional Considerations of Solo Parenthood with Mel Johnson
Solo parenthood is increasingly becoming an option for many, and Mel is a wonderful guide and supporter for anyone considering solo parenting by choice. She has her own experience of the challenges and realities of deciding to parent as a single mum, and now leads amazing communities to bring others the support, insights and friendships she wished she’d had from the start.
Here’s what is included in this episode:
- The different places from which a journey into solo parenthood can start, and how it can feel like you’re the first person to ever make this choice.
- Why it’s so important to have clarity and leave comparison behind, and how society can make this challenging.
- How it’s essential to have a support network or Mum Tribe, and how Mel loves to connect people through “solo mum matchmaking”.
- The importance of questioning and reframing beliefs around the fairytales of marriage and parenting we’ve been brought up with.
If the topics talked about in the podcast sound like I was speaking directly to you and your thoughts, then I would love to invite you into the Fertile Mindset Sanctuary. This is my fertility support membership, where you can free yourself from stress, worry and any emotions that don't feel helpful, so you can then create a naturally supportive mindset; your Fertile Mindset.
In the Sanctuary I'll guide you through using the emotional healing technique I use at Fertile Mindset called EFT, and you'll soon be feeling less stressed and more joyful.
Go to www.fertilemindset.com/sanctuary to join the Fertile Mindset Sanctuary.
Your next steps:
Are you enjoying the podcast?
- Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, follow on Spotify or via RSS.
- Write a review on Apple Podcasts.