EP 042: “Why don’t you just adopt?”
As an adoptive mother myself, the topic of this podcast episode is close to my heart. Have you ever been asked, “why don’t you just adopt?” This is one of those unhelpful pieces of advice given by people who don’t have much, or perhaps any, understanding of what it’s like to have fertility issues. It seems that once they find out that’s what you’re dealing with, they feel compelled to say something as ridiculous as “why don’t you just adopt?”. In this episode, I share my own thoughts on adoption which I hope you find helpful, whether you are currently considering adoption or maybe just want to have it in the background as an option for now.
Here’s what is included in this episode:
- How it feels to be told you should “just adopt” and what is actually behind making that decision.
- The unique challenges involved in the process of adopting and being an adoptive family, and the gifts it brings too.
- The practicalities of adoption and the steps you’ll need to take towards adopting a child.
- The mindset side of adopting and the one thing that helped me to have a successful and enjoyable adoption process.
If the topics talked about in the podcast sound like I was speaking directly to you and your thoughts, then I would love to invite you into the Fertile Mindset Sanctuary. This is my fertility support membership, where you can free yourself from stress, worry and any emotions that don't feel helpful, so you can then create a naturally supportive mindset; your Fertile Mindset.
In the Sanctuary I'll guide you through using the emotional healing technique I use at Fertile Mindset called EFT, and you'll soon be feeling less stressed and more joyful.
Go to www.fertilemindset.com/sanctuary to join the Fertile Mindset Sanctuary.
Your next steps:
Are you enjoying the podcast?
- Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, follow on Spotify or via RSS.
- Write a review on Apple Podcasts.